• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Washington coach Jay Gruden got to see both Case Keenum
He’s no closer to knowing who his starting quarterback will be.“I don’t want to make any — come to any conclusions right now Ryan Kerrigan Jersey ,” Gruden told reporters on Saturday. “It’s silly to, so there’s still a lot of ball left to be played, lot of passes, lot of things, lot of situational work we still have to do, a couple more games left, three games left. There’s more work to be had.”The assembled reporters then came at it a different way, asking Gruden if he feels like he has a better idea as to who the starter will be now versus during the offseason program.“I feel the same,” Gruden said. “I’m hoping that somebody takes it over. That’s what we’re hoping for, but all three of these guys are good players and they’re going to make their share of great throws and great plays. We just have to continue to monitor them and figure out who gives us the best chance at winning against Philly.”Gruden offered praise for both of the primary contenders who played against the Browns.“He came in there second quarter and put a couple back-to-back passes that were really nice out there,” Gruden said regarding rookie Dwayne Haskins. “He had a couple of turnovers, which hurt him. The big thing is we’re trying to really get corrected is just everything — his fundamentals, protectionsm and all that stuff which will come. But, for his first game I thought he handled the pressure, the noise, the cadence, the huddle, the tempo I thought was really good Tress Way Jersey , so there is a lot to build on. Obviously, some correctable things with everybody on offense. We’ll just go back to work.”Case Keenum received a positive review as well.“I was impressed,” Gruden said. “He had a big third-down scramble for first down, which was good. He kept the drive going against their [first-string] defense. We were first-and-10 at midfield and we had that unfortunate holding call which was or wasn’t a holding call. But I thought he moved the ball pretty well, had a big third-down-and-15 touchdown pass, saw the field, stepped up and threw a nice touchdown. Good things by Case as well.”Eventually, it will be Colt McCoy, Keenum, or Haskins starting the opening game against the Eagles. It’s hard not to think that, eventually, more than one of them will be playing. If not all three. INDIANAPOLIS (0-1) at WASHINGTON (1-0)Sunday, 1 p.m. ET, CBSOPENING LINE — Redskins by 3RECORD VS. SPREAD — Colts 0-1, Redskins 1-0SERIES RECORD — Colts lead 20-10LAST MEETING — Colts beat Redskins 49-27, Nov. 30, 2014LAST WEEK — Colts lost to Bengals 34-23; Redskins beat Cardinals 24-6AP PRO32 RANKING — Colts No. 29, Redskins No. 12COLTS OFFENSE — OVERALL (9) Fabian Moreau Jersey , RUSH (26), PASS (6)COLTS DEFENSE — OVERALL (14), RUSH (12), PASS (29)REDSKINS OFFENSE — OVERALL (6), RUSH (1), PASS (17)REDSKINS DEFENSE — OVERALL (2), RUSH (4), PASS (4)STREAKS, STATS AND NOTES — Colts have won four of past five meetings and haven’t lost at Washington since 2002. … Former Redskins WR Ryan Grant was Colts’ top receiver last week with career-high eight receptions. … Colts are two victories from 300 since moving to Indianapolis. … Colts QB Andrew Luck has thrown TD pass in 24 consecutive games, league’s longest active streak. Luck completed career-high 73.6 percent of passes last week against Cincinnati in return after sitting out 2017 with injured shoulder. … Luck threw for 370 yards, five TDs and one INT in only previous game vs. Redskins. … LT Anthony Castonzo expected to make season debut after missing opener with injured hamstring. … K Adam Vinatieri needs four field goals to break Morten Andersen’s career record of 565 and five field goal attempts to tie Gary Anderson’s 672 for second-most all-time. … Rookie LB Darius Leonard led Colts with nine tackles last week and recovered fumble. … New coach Frank Reich played at Maryland and coached in NFC East last two seasons as Philadelphia’s offensive coordinator. … Redskins have never started 2-0 under coach Jay Gruden. … QB Alex Smith passed for 250 yards and two TDs in Redskins debut. … RB Adrian Peterson moved into 10th all-time in rushing yards after 96 last week. … Peterson is seventh player in NFL history with 12,000-plus rushing yards and 100-plus rushing TDs. … RB Chris Thompson had 128 yards from scrimmage in Week 1. … LB Ryan Kerrigan has played 113 consecutive games, longest active streak at position. … Since entering league in 2011, Kerrigan is one of three players with 300-plus tackles and 70-plus sacks. … CB Quinton Dunbar has intercepted Eli Manning (twice), Carson Wentz and Sam Bradford. … Fantasy tip: Redskins TE Jordan Reed had nine catches for 123 yards in last meeting.